Earlier this winter, I wrote about the old Lou Malnati's menu and mentioned that as I was waiting around for my pie to finish up, I spied an old Chicago Tribune article posted on the wall that included the original Lou Malnati's Italian Salad Dressing Recipe. The Tribune reporter called it "prized". We were set to host a little pizza party over the weekend, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Here's the article as seen through my mobile phone's camera.
I'm not a wine drinker, so the fact that the recipe called for Burgundy wine didn't strike me as odd. I went shopping at Angelo Caputos in Addison - a really incredible shopping experience - and when I got to the wine section I found Burgundy wine was carried ONLY in those HUGE jugs. And they were dirt cheap. The only issue is that needed just 4 ounces. We ended up with a whole-lotta-wine that Nat won't drink.
I've taken the recipe and modified it a bit by eliminating the percentages (60…
We made our way to the happiest place on earth this weekend - Menards - and found their entire Halloween display up and running. One thing I noted is that they've expanded their blowmold collection. It seemed like they downsized their inflatables at the same time.
See those pumpkins on the second shelf? The two on the right (grey and white) have a glitter on them. They're pretty neat. The cute ghost on the bottom and the witch on the top are the same ones they had last year. They did, however add some black lawn flamingos. See them on the top right in the boxes?
I still don't think we'll be getting any blowmolds this year, but I hope to add to our yard display, though! Those details to come!
Having been through the prototyping process on Penny Hockey Boards, I made a few modifications. First, they shrunk in size considerably. From 12" wide and 16" long down to 12" long and 8.5" wide. After the side rails are attached, the playing surface will be 12" long, 8" wide. The name of the game is also being changed from Penny Hockey to Topper Hockey (more on that later....). Also, because the board shrunk, the space behind the goal also was squeezed. It started at 2.5" from backline to center of the goal and now with the production units, I've cut that distance in half. The final change comes in regards to the pegs - I've changed the configuration a bit and removed some. The "guard" pegs - which are located just outside the goal mouth were widened, and one of them were removed. The peg modifications were made to simplify and enhance gameplay. My intended audience is my nephews who are all under the age of 10. Scoring …