All About Disney
|Nat took this photo on our Spring 2015 trip|
In 2016, I posted 55 Disney-related posts.
In 2015, I posted 52 Disney-related posts.
One of the recent highlights was our oldest daughter being asked to pilot a Jungle Cruise boat on our Fall trip:
|March 2016 Spring Trip About To Take Off on Dumbo|
Here's some of the posts I've written about Disney (You can find them *all* here on the /Disney tag):
- Beach Club has vintage decor down pat. Including this sea shore pageant photo.
- My kids got me the best.pin.ever. #1 Dad. Take that Mandelbaums.
- First time ever seeing these "Disney College Program" pins. Scrappers, I think. But cool, still.
- Not just a keeper, but a 'wearer'. This Mickey Mouse/USA flag pin.
- Our race was cancelled. But we did get a cool 'medal' pin from the Half Marathon.
- We stayed, and loved, POR. Picked up a pin to mark the occasion.
- The POR Princess room headboards are different, but just as cool as the ones at the Disneyland Hotel
- We met Bea, the chair of the theatre group, on MainStreet USA.
- The gingerbread carousel at the Beach Club is pretty amazing. It spins!
- Spotted a cute light fixture made of insulators at a burger place in Disney Springs.
- The Bird danced and we all ate and had a great time at Raglan Road in Disney Springs. Also added the coaster to the collection.
- We met the Choir Director on MainStreet USA.
- The Live Oak at POR is pretty incredible. They built the resort AROUND the tree.
- My review of PizzaRizzo in DHS. Love the place. Don't love the pies.
- I added a coaster from the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk Inn to the collection.
- We met the owner of the Emporium on MainStreet USA. She was a lot of fun.
- There's hidden Mickey's in the balusters of the luggage cart at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. Inspiration for our house?
- I might tear up looking at this photo of Dole Whips like I do whenever I watch the movie Rudy.
- This might be a 'duh' kind of statement. But...if you have a chance, spend NYE at the Poly in one of their club-level theme park view rooms. Seriously.
- We met Elena of Avalon at the backdoor/international gateway at Epcot. She was delightful.
- I fell in love a bit with the tile in PizzaRizzo at DHS.
- One of the girls traded for this Toy Story Midway Mania DLR opening day pin.
- We found ourselves in the parks (Epcot, I think) on Mickey's birthday. They gave out these pins to mark the occasion.
- Elsa on a 'limited edition' MVMCP pin? Sold.
- Hard to pass up the 'limited' nature of these MVMCP pins, right?
- We picked up some 'passholder exclusive' pins at the Mickey's Very Merry party right before X-mas this year.
- I had Magic Band covers that featured Mary Poppins and Bert earlier this year.
- We were able to catch the new Muppets show in Liberty Square. Sam Eagle FTW.
- The Wilderness Lodge had a similar holiday pin this year.
- The Boardwalk Inn went wreath for their pin, too.
- We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which was under construction and they gifted us with this pin set to make up for the noise.
- We finally scored some WDW transportation cards from a really nice boat captain.
- This year, the Animal Kingdom Lodge Christmas pin was bought by one of the girls.
- The 2016 holiday pins from the resorts all look the same. This one is from Fort Wilderness.
- Lionel issued a Pluto 'Walking Brakeman' O-Gauge car this year.
- We saw the "March of the First Order" right when we walked into Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the Diet of a Disney Horse from the Ranch at Fort Wilderness.
- It snows on Hollywood Boulevard at DHS during the holiday season. Neat stuff.
- There are a few train cars from Walt Disney's Carolwood Pacific Line from his backyard at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge.
- I participated in the 2016 Disney Reddit Gift Exchange. Gave a woman some pins and an ornament.
- And we had the best.Santa.ever for our part of the Reddit Disney Gift Exchange. The girls got hooked up!
- Lionel issued a special 50th Anniversary Pooh Bear boxcar this year. And a 75th Anniversary Dumbo car.
- September 2016 Pixar calendar features Ratatouille.
- I found a vintage Winnie the Pooh Golden Book at a local garage sale. It is from 1980.
- We started collecting the Disney Lego Minifigs that come in blind bags. I'm hooked. And so are the girls!?!
- The August page of the annual Pixar Wall Calendar features Toy Story 2. Yep. #2.
- Peter Pan Lego Minifig is awfully cute.
- Stumbled upon a familiar font while in Cortona Italy. Mister Fantasy?
- Another adorable Disney's Polynesian Village/Tiki Room print that's available at BouTiki
- Stopped to take in the art in the elevator lobby at the Poly on our recent trip
- A cool Tink pin with some dangling pixie dust
- Can't get enough Orange Bird. Added the 2016 year pin to the collection featuring him.
- Here you leave today and enter the world of...
- Some awesome cross-stitch Disney pins. Set includes Mickey, Dumbo, Pooh Bear and of course....Stitch!
- We updated our collection of silhouettes from Main Street with the addition of one of 'the boy'.
- A WDW Passholder exclusive pin with Figment and a gold crest on it as picked up on our 2016 Spring trip.
- A vintage attraction poster from under the train station showing Carousel of Progress from back in the day.
- I received a WDW Imagineering survey about the future of resort bathrooms.
- The medicinal garden at the Epcot Flower and Garden Show has thorns in the Milk Thistle!
- My two girls all doll'd up in their Rey costumes from The Force Awakens
- The WDW Monorail is wrapped in a Zootopia theme this Spring
- We went to the new Jungle Cruise Skipper Cantina and I added a coaster to my online collection.
- They serve a delicious pink Strawberry-lime Cider at the Oasis pool at the Polynesian Village
- I went with a monorail sticker on my Magic Band from MyFantasyBands.com for our Spring Trip
- We picked up some limited edition pins from the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- The Haunted Mansion Ghosts appeared on a Disney Christmas pin. We couldn't *not* buy it, right?
- The March Pixar Wall Calendar features Up.
- Miles from Tomorrowland was the Bird's favorite pin pick!
- A quick look at some of our old Magic Band covers from MyFantasybands.com.
- Chip and Dale at the Polynesian saying "Mele Kalikimaka" at Christmastime on a pin.
- February wall calendar from Pixar features 'Finding Nemo'.
- Yoda Valentines "Be mine, will you" Disney Pin from Disneyland this Spring.
- Disneyland Hotel animated headboard with music and video.
- Disneyland Hotel Telephone Guide featuring Walt Disney himself.
- "Dad...I wanna be on the Dark Side." My daughter meets Darth Vader.
- A Disneyland Hotel and a Walt Disney World Resort coasters added to my online collection.
- Walt Disney and the Enchanted Tiki Room birds at the Tangaroa Terrace
- Spotted and documented the entrance to Club 33 at the Disneyland Resort
- Get a Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker for Christmas? Let's make Mickey Waffles!
- Added a Pixar wall calendar to the mix this year instead of the D23 one from 2015
- Introducing 28 & Main - Disney Gear For Dudes
- The Babe traded for a Minnie Mouse as Mary Poppins pin. Best.Pin.Ever???
- My New Disney hat. For all our trips. Replacing my Late Show one. Tradition, FTW.
- Enchanted Tiki Room Print by Joey Chou. #DisneyCreep in our House is Real.
- D23 November Calendar Features 75th Anniversary of Fantasia
- Video of our Sprit Photos from Memento Mori at the Haunted Mansion. Girls look creepy/awesome.
- Nordstrom is rockin' a vintage Mickey Mouse Clubhouse lunchbox in the kids section
- In October, the D23 wall calendar featured the original Mickey Mouse Club
- We picked up some limited edition "Mickey's Not So Scary" Halloween Party Pins
- I got shot down for the Disney Mom's Panel. Again.
- We scored a few Star Wars Halloween pins that were Disney World exclusives
- We met Scoop Sanderson and Fire Chief Smokey Miller on MainStreet USA!
- Looking for a #NotSoScary souvenir? Look no further than this pumpkin ornament.
- #BooToYou and our Halloween Disney Pins that we packed for the #NotSoScary Party
- My daughter was lucky enough to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper!
- The 40th Anniversary of the opening of Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom
- D23 wall calendar turned to September featuring Space Mountain
- Now that Disney owns Lucas Film and Star Wars, *this* is a Disney Post! Wookie!
- The Lure of Jessica Rabbit Disney Pins...
- Disney Parks Moms Panel Submission: Complete
- Thanks, Disney! Star Wars App Available on Android in Google Play Store
- Disney isn't doing us any favors with the iOS only apps. Gimme some Android, please!
- 60 Years Ago Today: Casey Jr Circus Train Opens At Disneyland
- Nat got me a new "limited edition" Disneyland 60th Jungle Cruise T-Shirt and I took a selfie
- Of course we found the Mickey Mouse at US Cellular Field at the White Sox game
- The D23 2015 Wall Calendar celebrates Disneyland's 60th in July
- I found the original Main Street Electrical Parade out 'in the wild'. It is called "Baroque Hoedown"
- Adding A Little Sadness (From Inside Out) to our Family
- Disney Reddit Gift Exchange Part 1 (Gift Sent)
- Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Lady and the Tramp with D23's #D23Fanniversary
- A nursery selling plants at Costco is using the Disney font
- There's a Reddit Disney Secret Santa Exchange and I signed up!
- WDW Table Finder is Magical
- Disneyland is using Bob Dylan's 'Forever Young' for their 60th Anniversary
- A couple of pins including Orange Bird from our recent trip to WDW
- We had some custom shirts printed up for our trip in March to WDW
- A look at two limited edition pins from our trip including one from the Flower/Garden show
- Best topiary at Flower and Garden Show? Mater.
- We met the Mayor of Main Street USA and we have his card to prove it!
- Disney's "Direct to Room" checkin notifications worked beautifully
- Our 2015 Magic Bands. All eight of them
- Trade pins in the parks? Do yourself a favor and upgrade your pin backs
- Get your Dole Whip fix in Glen Ellyn
- It doesn't matter that Disney is raising 1 day park ticket prices. Nobody buys one day passes!
- Getting after it with our Fastpass+ selections
- We got sucked into the Vinylmation collection. It was Cinderella that I blame.
- Hung my D23 calendar on the wall in my office downtown
- Pixar-branded toys? Those are a thing?
- We scored this vintage Pooh Bear Sears political glass up in Michigan
- On being a card-carrying member of D23
- Scrapper Disney Pins
- The time I became a paid D23 Member. Officially.
- Our first Vinylmations. Let's not get started. Please!?!?
The girls dressed up in the Rey costume from The Force Awakens on our Spring 2016 trip to the Polynesian.
A few photos from our trip to Disneyland Resort to celebrate the Diamond (60th) Anniversary:
|The force is strong in these two.|
|Just three dudes.|
|Really love California Adventure. Gets better at night.|
|Can't ride in the front of the monorail in Orlando!?!?!|
|Me at the 2015 American food booth at the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot|
I made videos of 'each day' of our trip from 2014. Here's day 1 below. The rest can be found at the very bottom of this post.
|Can't tell who is happier? Our 2015 stop at the MK.|
|The whole 2015 crew at Chef Mickey's.|
|Me and #1 at the 2015 Flower/Garden Festival in Epcot.|
|We met the talking Mickey on MainStreet in the Magic Kingdom with the whole crew in 2015. Pretty awesome.|
|Those smiles are PRICELESS!|
|The Bambino meeting the Big Guy for the first time|
|2015 Flower and Garden Show. All five of us!|
|Our family trip in 2014. The Bird wasn't quite two.|
|One of my princesses in 2013 out at the 'park that Walt built'.|
Day two of our 2014 trip summary video: