All About Disney
|Nat took this photo on our Spring 2015 trip|
In 2019, I've posted 28 Disney-related posts so far.
In 2018, I posted just 28 Disney-related posts. A dip from recent years.
In 2017, I posted 76 Disney-related posts. A new high.
In 2016, I posted 55 Disney-related posts.
In 2015, I posted 52 Disney-related posts.
One of the recent highlights was our oldest daughter being asked to pilot a Jungle Cruise boat on our Fall trip:
|March 2016 Spring Trip About To Take Off on Dumbo|
Here's some of the posts I've written about Disney (You can find them *all* here on the /Disney tag):
- Menards is heavy'ing up on Nightmare Before Christmas stuff including Jack, Sally and Oogie Boogie pumpkins.
- Disney Ephemera: Life Magazine from 1971 showing the opening of Walt Disney World.
- I have posted repeatedly about horticulture at Disneyland including these cube-shaped trees.
- These IASWAF garbage cans are well-themed, aren't they?
- These crazy trees that Imagineering used at Phantom Manor in Disneyland Paris are really working.
- The same "welcome sign" at Disney parks is tweaked at Disneyland Park in Paris.
- Here are the park maps from Disneyland Paris two parks from the Summer of 2019.
- Duffy the Bear was having a celebration at Tokyo DisneySea during my Spring visit.
- And Tokyo Disneyland still had their Redhead in Pirates.
- During my three visits to the Tokyo Parks, I always struggle to find the kids gifts that say "Tokyo Disneyland" on them.
- Imagineering isn't quite what I was thinking for this vape advertisement.
- I took a ride on the Tokyo Disneyland Resort Monorail. It is adorable.
- Added the 35th Birthday-edition Parks Map for Tokyo Disneyland to the collection.
- And bought the companion Disney Pin for the celebration.
- Cute bathroom signs at Tokyo DisneySea.
- An appreciation post for the Mediterranean Harbor at Tokyo DisneySea.
- The Aulani Character breakfast has banana dolphins. And is...umm...bananas!
- New DVC kioski Mickey Mouse stickers to mark his 90th birthday.
- On a morning coffee run, I saw some of the Aulani Resort cats.
- Disney does nostalgia at the parks better than anyone.
- Duffy's buddy O'lu the turtle has a pin, too. One of the kids selected this for the pin board.
- I wrote a 'summary list' of all the Disney Parks horticulture posts on the blog.
- We added a Disney Aulani coaster to the [collection].
- At Aulani in January, they had some "last year" Christmas pins on clearance. Had to buy one, of course.
- We met the (unofficial) Mayor of Buena Vista Street - Donna Linn De Larria.
- Blue Sky Cellars had a display with a really cute vintage Disneyland tray.
- While we were waiting for Soarin' to open at California Adventure, someone sweeping up gave out these "pilot" stickers to the kids.
- New Disney Ephemera: Lightning McQueen and Stanley park buttons.
- We now have the matching set: Autopia Drivers License from Disneyland to match the one we picked up from WDW.
- It be gold I'm after Goofy pin traded for and added to our board.
- And a Tigger pin (outline version), too.
- Added two (more) Star Wars Easter-egg-shaped pins.
- We bought this vintage Walt Disney Comic book featuring Donald on the cover.
- Disneyland Viewmaster vintage ad as found in the back of the comic book.
- The Contemporary Resort has their own coasters. Added to the collection.
- I applied, and was rejected for the Disney Mom's Panel. Again.
- Who knew that Donald Duck had a full Family Tree??
- I bought this vintage Disneyland pennant at an Estate Sale.
- We grabbed a WDW Passholder magnet from the Flower and Garden festival.
- We hung the first of our pin boards in the garage. And quickly filled it up.
- Then hung board number two.
- At an antique mall, I saw a cute, vintage Disney tray. I passed on it.
- Same with this Mickey Mouse disco vinyl record.
- The kids and I started the Lego Cinderella Castle on Summer break.
- We saw "Jack Diamond" at Hollywood Studios.
- I took a #purplewall photo on Spring Break. So Basic - as they say, right?
- What can you catch in Bay Lake? Bass, Bluegill, Catfish and Sunfish.
- We went to the very *edge* of Hollywood Studios and looked at the art for the upcoming Galaxy's Edge land.
- One of the kids traded for this 'outlined' version of Pooh Bear.
- Another Disney restaurant. Another coaster to the collection. This one is from Enzo's Hideaway in Disney Springs.
- We traded for this "Walt Disney World Magic Music Days" pin.
- And...someone brought back this "WDW Spring Break 2001" pin 17 years later. AND TRADED IT AWAY?!?!
- A couple of pins including one of Pumba and one of Stitch.
- On New Year's Day, I posted about the Electric Water Pageant Transportation card that we picked up from one of the boat captains.
- Here's a Transportation Card of one of the Cruiser boats (Disney Ephemera).
- Documenting my 'top score' on Buzz Lightyear ride in Tomorrowland.
- Rode a WDW Monorail car all to ourselves. Weird. But awesome.
- I went on the Tower of Terror. First time. During a RunDisney event.
- Boyfriends of Instagram Disney Parks-edition.
- Walt Disney quote on a construction sign - "another world".
- Another Walt Disney quote sign - about delight.
- Another Walt Disney quote sign - about working hard.
- There were these little tiny Annual Passholder buttons at Food and Wine in Epcot.
- And we grabbed this 'tweeting' button from @WDWToday.
- Disney Ephemera: Minnie Mouse circle sticker.
- We watched Mickey's Not-So-Scary Party Hallowishes Fireworks show from the Grand Floridian.
- And picked up the party map.
- Have been to the Polynesian dozens of time, but saw this giant Tiki for the first time.
- Went to the Abracadabar with just Nat. And added the coaster to the [collection].
- We bought this Mary-Blair-inspired Small World pin.
- Beach Club has vintage decor down pat. Including this sea shore pageant photo.
- Peeking at the prep area of Via Napoli reveals that they use three cheeses.
- My kids got me the best.pin.ever. #1 Dad. Take that Mandelbaums.
- The oldest girl bought this Jungle Cruise Skipper badge/pin.
- And traded for this Buzz Lightyear Mickey-head pin.
- And this Pirate Pete one, too.
- And this Lady and the Tramp one was too cute to pass up on.
- These two safety pin themed pins are now on our board.
- So is this Macaroon chase pin.
- A giant Tinkerbell pin was on a pin board. Glommed on, of course.
- Pete's Dragon has pins. We grabbed it.
- The Falcon - in pin format was traded for by one of the kids.
- New discovery: Nando's Peri Peri has Dole Whips.
- My mother-in-law gave us another Disneyland Rose.
- The Germany train in Epcot had a bad day when we visited.
- The Lego Store at Disney Springs has a Loch Ness Monster.
- We were given these Monorail 'pilot' stickers. Awesome.
- And these "honorary custodian" stickers, too.
- WDW resort upgraded (or downgraded) their coasters.
- We received some transportation cards including this Friendship Boat around Epcot.
- A Walt Disney quote construction sign: I'm just very curious.
- Another one: Everyone needs deadlines.
- May the 4th - Jedi Training with the kids.
- Tokyo Disneyland pin added to our collection.
- And one from DisneySea, too.
- Happy Easter from Tokyo Disneyland Resort!
- Tokyo Disneyland Electric Light Parade. How much fun to see this in Japan.
- I did some Easter shopping for the kids at Tokyo Disneyland.
- And looked on to the Caravan Carousel in DisneySea.
- When you do Jedi Training - you get this "Trials of the Temple" pin badge.
- Horse-drawn carriage on MainStreet USA. Kinetic Energy.
- We picked up an official "drivers license" from Tomorrowland Speedway.
- First time ever seeing these "Disney College Program" pins. Scrappers, I think. But cool, still.
- Not just a keeper, but a 'wearer'. This Mickey Mouse/USA flag pin.
- This Yacht Club pin marked our stay at the resort.
- And this Contemporary Resort pin did the same thing.
- And here's a Stormtrooper in Easter egg format.
- We stayed to the end credits of Beauty and the Beast - to see someone we know!
- Our race was cancelled. But we did get a cool 'medal' pin from the Half Marathon.
- We stayed, and loved, POR. Picked up a pin to mark the occasion.
- The POR Princess room headboards are different, but just as cool as the ones at the Disneyland Hotel
- We met Bea, the chair of the theatre group, on MainStreet USA.
- The Boardwalk Resort has vintage photos - including these beauty queens.
- The gingerbread carousel at the Beach Club is pretty amazing. It spins!
- Spotted a cute light fixture made of insulators at a burger place in Disney Springs.
- The Bird danced and we all ate and had a great time at Raglan Road in Disney Springs. Also added the coaster to the collection.
- We met the Choir Director on MainStreet USA.
- The Live Oak at POR is pretty incredible. They built the resort AROUND the tree.
- My review of PizzaRizzo in DHS. Love the place. Don't love the pies.
- I added a coaster from the Flying Fish at the Boardwalk Inn to the collection.
- We met the owner of the Emporium on MainStreet USA. She was a lot of fun.
- There's hidden Mickey's in the balusters of the luggage cart at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside. Inspiration for our house?
- I might tear up looking at this photo of Dole Whips like I do whenever I watch the movie Rudy.
- This might be a 'duh' kind of statement. But...if you have a chance, spend NYE at the Poly in one of their club-level theme park view rooms. Seriously.
- We met Elena of Avalon at the backdoor/international gateway at Epcot. She was delightful.
- I fell in love a bit with the tile in PizzaRizzo at DHS.
- One of the girls traded for this Toy Story Midway Mania DLR opening day pin.
- We found ourselves in the parks (Epcot, I think) on Mickey's birthday. They gave out these pins to mark the occasion.
- Elsa on a 'limited edition' MVMCP pin? Sold.
- Hard to pass up the 'limited' nature of these MVMCP pins, right?
- We picked up some 'passholder exclusive' pins at the Mickey's Very Merry party right before X-mas this year.
- I had Magic Band covers that featured Mary Poppins and Bert earlier this year.
- We were able to catch the new Muppets show in Liberty Square. Sam Eagle FTW.
- The Wilderness Lodge had a similar holiday pin this year.
- The Boardwalk Inn went wreath for their pin, too.
- We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which was under construction and they gifted us with this pin set to make up for the noise.
- We finally scored some WDW transportation cards from a really nice boat captain.
- This year, the Animal Kingdom Lodge Christmas pin was bought by one of the girls.
- The 2016 holiday pins from the resorts all look the same. This one is from Fort Wilderness.
- Lionel issued a Pluto 'Walking Brakeman' O-Gauge car this year.
- We saw the "March of the First Order" right when we walked into Hollywood Studios.
- Check out the Diet of a Disney Horse from the Ranch at Fort Wilderness.
- It snows on Hollywood Boulevard at DHS during the holiday season. Neat stuff.
- There are a few train cars from Walt Disney's Carolwood Pacific Line from his backyard at the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge.
- I participated in the 2016 Disney Reddit Gift Exchange. Gave a woman some pins and an ornament.
- And we had the best.Santa.ever for our part of the Reddit Disney Gift Exchange. The girls got hooked up!
- Lionel issued a special 50th Anniversary Pooh Bear boxcar this year. And a 75th Anniversary Dumbo car.
- September 2016 Pixar calendar features Ratatouille.
- I found a vintage Winnie the Pooh Golden Book at a local garage sale. It is from 1980.
- We started collecting the Disney Lego Minifigs that come in blind bags. I'm hooked. And so are the girls!?!
- The August page of the annual Pixar Wall Calendar features Toy Story 2. Yep. #2.
- Peter Pan Lego Minifig is awfully cute.
- Stumbled upon a familiar font while in Cortona Italy. Mister Fantasy?
- Another adorable Disney's Polynesian Village/Tiki Room print that's available at BouTiki
- Stopped to take in the art in the elevator lobby at the Poly on our recent trip
- A cool Tink pin with some dangling pixie dust
- Can't get enough Orange Bird. Added the 2016 year pin to the collection featuring him.
- Here you leave today and enter the world of...
- Some awesome cross-stitch Disney pins. Set includes Mickey, Dumbo, Pooh Bear and of course....Stitch!
- We updated our collection of silhouettes from Main Street with the addition of one of 'the boy'.
- A WDW Passholder exclusive pin with Figment and a gold crest on it as picked up on our 2016 Spring trip.
- A vintage attraction poster from under the train station showing Carousel of Progress from back in the day.
- I received a WDW Imagineering survey about the future of resort bathrooms.
- The medicinal garden at the Epcot Flower and Garden Show has thorns in the Milk Thistle!
- My two girls all doll'd up in their Rey costumes from The Force Awakens
- The WDW Monorail is wrapped in a Zootopia theme this Spring
- We went to the new Jungle Cruise Skipper Cantina and I added a coaster to my online collection.
- They serve a delicious pink Strawberry-lime Cider at the Oasis pool at the Polynesian Village
- I went with a monorail sticker on my Magic Band from MyFantasyBands.com for our Spring Trip
- We picked up some limited edition pins from the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party
- The Haunted Mansion Ghosts appeared on a Disney Christmas pin. We couldn't *not* buy it, right?
- The March Pixar Wall Calendar features Up.
- Miles from Tomorrowland was the Bird's favorite pin pick!
- A quick look at some of our old Magic Band covers from MyFantasybands.com.
- Chip and Dale at the Polynesian saying "Mele Kalikimaka" at Christmastime on a pin.
- February wall calendar from Pixar features 'Finding Nemo'.
- Yoda Valentines "Be mine, will you" Disney Pin from Disneyland this Spring.
- Disneyland Hotel animated headboard with music and video.
- Disneyland Hotel Telephone Guide featuring Walt Disney himself.
- "Dad...I wanna be on the Dark Side." My daughter meets Darth Vader.
- A Disneyland Hotel and a Walt Disney World Resort coasters added to my online collection.
- Walt Disney and the Enchanted Tiki Room birds at the Tangaroa Terrace
- Spotted and documented the entrance to Club 33 at the Disneyland Resort
- Get a Mickey Mouse Waffle Maker for Christmas? Let's make Mickey Waffles!
- Added a Pixar wall calendar to the mix this year instead of the D23 one from 2015
- Introducing 28 & Main - Disney Gear For Dudes
- The Babe traded for a Minnie Mouse as Mary Poppins pin. Best.Pin.Ever???
- My New Disney hat. For all our trips. Replacing my Late Show one. Tradition, FTW.
- Enchanted Tiki Room Print by Joey Chou. #DisneyCreep in our House is Real.
- D23 November Calendar Features 75th Anniversary of Fantasia
- Video of our Sprit Photos from Memento Mori at the Haunted Mansion. Girls look creepy/awesome.
- Nordstrom is rockin' a vintage Mickey Mouse Clubhouse lunchbox in the kids section
- In October, the D23 wall calendar featured the original Mickey Mouse Club
- We picked up some limited edition "Mickey's Not So Scary" Halloween Party Pins
- I got shot down for the Disney Mom's Panel. Again.
- We scored a few Star Wars Halloween pins that were Disney World exclusives
- We met Scoop Sanderson and Fire Chief Smokey Miller on MainStreet USA!
- Looking for a #NotSoScary souvenir? Look no further than this pumpkin ornament.
- #BooToYou and our Halloween Disney Pins that we packed for the #NotSoScary Party
- My daughter was lucky enough to be a Jungle Cruise Skipper!
- The 40th Anniversary of the opening of Space Mountain at Magic Kingdom
- D23 wall calendar turned to September featuring Space Mountain
- Now that Disney owns Lucas Film and Star Wars, *this* is a Disney Post! Wookie!
- The Lure of Jessica Rabbit Disney Pins...
- Disney Parks Moms Panel Submission: Complete
- Thanks, Disney! Star Wars App Available on Android in Google Play Store
- Disney isn't doing us any favors with the iOS only apps. Gimme some Android, please!
- 60 Years Ago Today: Casey Jr Circus Train Opens At Disneyland
- Nat got me a new "limited edition" Disneyland 60th Jungle Cruise T-Shirt and I took a selfie
- Of course we found the Mickey Mouse at US Cellular Field at the White Sox game
- The D23 2015 Wall Calendar celebrates Disneyland's 60th in July
- I found the original Main Street Electrical Parade out 'in the wild'. It is called "Baroque Hoedown"
- Adding A Little Sadness (From Inside Out) to our Family
- Disney Reddit Gift Exchange Part 1 (Gift Sent)
- Celebrating the 60th Anniversary of Lady and the Tramp with D23's #D23Fanniversary
- A nursery selling plants at Costco is using the Disney font
- There's a Reddit Disney Secret Santa Exchange and I signed up!
- WDW Table Finder is Magical
- Disneyland is using Bob Dylan's 'Forever Young' for their 60th Anniversary
- A couple of pins including Orange Bird from our recent trip to WDW
- We had some custom shirts printed up for our trip in March to WDW
- A look at two limited edition pins from our trip including one from the Flower/Garden show
- Best topiary at Flower and Garden Show? Mater.
- We met the Mayor of Main Street USA and we have his card to prove it!
- Disney's "Direct to Room" checkin notifications worked beautifully
- Our 2015 Magic Bands. All eight of them
- Trade pins in the parks? Do yourself a favor and upgrade your pin backs
- Get your Dole Whip fix in Glen Ellyn
- It doesn't matter that Disney is raising 1 day park ticket prices. Nobody buys one day passes!
- Getting after it with our Fastpass+ selections
- We got sucked into the Vinylmation collection. It was Cinderella that I blame.
- Hung my D23 calendar on the wall in my office downtown
- Pixar-branded toys? Those are a thing?
- We scored this vintage Pooh Bear Sears political glass up in Michigan
- On being a card-carrying member of D23
- Scrapper Disney Pins
- The time I became a paid D23 Member. Officially.
- Our first Vinylmations. Let's not get started. Please!?!?
The girls dressed up in the Rey costume from The Force Awakens on our Spring 2016 trip to the Polynesian.
A few photos from our trip to Disneyland Resort to celebrate the Diamond (60th) Anniversary:
|The force is strong in these two.|
|Just three dudes.|
|Really love California Adventure. Gets better at night.|
|Can't ride in the front of the monorail in Orlando!?!?!|
|Me at the 2015 American food booth at the Flower and Garden Festival in Epcot|
I made videos of 'each day' of our trip from 2014. Here's day 1 below. The rest can be found at the very bottom of this post.
|Can't tell who is happier? Our 2015 stop at the MK.|
|The whole 2015 crew at Chef Mickey's.|
|Me and #1 at the 2015 Flower/Garden Festival in Epcot.|
|We met the talking Mickey on MainStreet in the Magic Kingdom with the whole crew in 2015. Pretty awesome.|
|Those smiles are PRICELESS!|
|The Bambino meeting the Big Guy for the first time|
|2015 Flower and Garden Show. All five of us!|
|Our family trip in 2014. The Bird wasn't quite two.|
|One of my princesses in 2013 out at the 'park that Walt built'.|
Day two of our 2014 trip summary video: