September 2016 Wall Calendars Turned Over
Although this post is going up on September 12th, I turned these calendars over on the 7th. I took the photo above then. And here's proof - if you go to this Google Photos link all the data is there with the photo. Not that anyone but me really cares, right?
On the left is Ratatouille from 2009 on the Pixar calendar and on the right is the Grainger Engineering Library on the UIUC calendar. And a kinda fall-ish day. Not quite fall. Not quite summer, either. I think the photo works for September.
Last year, I turned the calendars on September 18th. This year, I posted on the 12th, but turned them on the 7th. Hmmm...let's be fair here and call it on the day I posted. I don't want this lead to be too insurmountable. So that's a net of -6 days. Add it to the pile below.
As for the movie Ratatouille, I really liked it, but have only watched it one or two times. I think we own it? We should break it out again. It made more than $600M at the box office according to BoxOfficeMojo. And there's a ride at Disney Paris (if you have a moment, check out this ride-thru video. Neat stuff!), but with the character creep happening in Epcot, I have my fingers crossed that we'll be seeing something mouse-related (and not Mickey!) coming to the France pavilion in the near future.
For those keeping track like I am (Which, we all know is nobody!):
- January took 8 days to put up the calendar. I don't think I was tracking January last year. So let's call it a wash. (+0 Days)
- February took 16 days to put up the calendar. In 2015, I turned it over on the 17th. (-1 Days better)
- March took 8 days this year. In 2015, I turned them on the 10th. Posted on the 11th. So...that makes it -2 days better.
- April took just 7 days. I didn't post last April. So..no new net days.
- May took 12 days. Net + 5 days over last year. Wowsa.
- June took 6 days. Net +5 days over last year. Another Wowsa.
- July took 8 days. Net -14 days over last year. Huge swing. Leaving a -7 day advantage over last year.
- August took just 2 days. Net of -8 days just for the month. Putting me at -15 days.
- September took 7 days to turn, but 12 days to post. That's a -6 margin (well..technically it is a -11 day margin, but we're going with post date now).
Added up, that's -21 days better than last year. With just 3 months to go in the year.