More Bar Pie Progress - April 2021
We are right in the midst of gardening season and that (usually) means that pizza season begins to head towards a downswing. But, that doesn't mean that I haven't made some real progress with my bar pizza work. Back a month ago (beginning of March), I posted how I was able to achieve some of the pockmarking that I was after and today I'm sharing a couple more progress photos. I'm happy with the way this basic cheese came out, but I used a little bit too much traditional cheddar (didn't have white) around the ring.
It was (below) crispy and well done and the undercarriage showed the right bit of char/doneness while the top came along just about where I want the final product. Of note, the oven I used for this one has NO convection function, but does go to 550 degrees - which is 50 degrees higher than our home oven.
I went with a 50g cheddar ring and a 200g center blend of two cheeses. This also was made on a Thursday am, had a 24 hour bulk cold ferment in the fridge, balled up the next morning and had a 48 hour cold, ball ferment. Which, I think was just about perfect. That means...if I want Friday pies, I should think about moving my dough making up to Wednesday morning.