Yesterday I had everything set up: while Nat was out for the evening, I had the Babe being watched by my Mom. Earlier this week, I picked up 5 cans of stain that were on sale (thanks for the rebate, Menards!) and was about to get my stain on. I set up my Wagner Powersprayer with the can/hose attachment and fired away. One can in, the skies opened and it started to pour out of nowhere. The forecast said I was going to be fine for 3-4 hours. Turned out to be 30 to 45 minutes. I just got 5 panels done (3+ that you can see here to the left side of the photo).
We're using a semi-transparent stain called Cedartone. At first I didn't love the color, but it is growing on me. And, looking at it half done/half not done, I actually am starting to love how it looks. I have four more cans in the garage, but I'm thinking that - based on how far the last can went - I'm going to have to back and buy five more. At least.