House Doll'd Up For Halloween
Or...at least with some ridiculous inflatables on the front porch. For record-keeping purposes, here's the annual (or some-what-annual) photo of our house decorated for Halloween. You can see the Big Pumpkin (or "Big Pump" as the kids call him) along with Frankenstein on our front porch. You'll also note that the mums at the bottom of the steps are the very same ones I 'tied up' with my pro-tip earlier this fall. There are also a couple of cinderella pumpkins stashed on the stairs near the right railing that you can - if you look closely - see peeking out.
This is the first holiday in our #newoldfarmhouse, so we're starting from scratch decorations-wise.
We've come a long way from last year when we were living in Equation Boy/Man and Vic's house (thanks to their generosity!). Here's a photo from last year that shows the decorations. Frankenstein is the only survivor from this whole setup! To be fair, the line of pumpkin inflatables is currently in our backyard, because...how many inflatables can you have until it gets too terribly tacky?!? Nat's answer: one. Just one. Also, we haven't gone to Heap's Pumpkin Patch to get our pumpkins this year, so we'll add those to the porch once we get them.
And one final touch that you can't see here is we have this lighting thing on our garage door that has illuminated, moving 'scary eyes' that circle around. I'll take a video of it and post it on the blog before Halloween.
One thing to note: there are no scarecrows in the yard this year. They, sadly, didn't make the move to Downers Grove. The six seasons of use took all the life out of them. They were fine scarecrows, weren't they?
For history's sake:
- Here's our Halloween house/decorations in 2016. No scarecrows present. Here's our jack-o-lanterns.
- Here's our Halloween house/decorations in 2015. Scarecrows present. We added some spooky images of the girls from The Haunted Mansion, though!
- In 2014, I have this photo of our pumpkins that I 'squirrel-proofed' and even grew some of them myself. I didn't post about the scarecrows, but they were, indeed, out there guarding our front yard. We were, I'm thinking, too busy prepping/nesting for the arrival of the King of the Ball Tossers.
- Here's our Halloween house/decorations in 2013. Scarecrows present. Here's the Babe with her jack-o-lantern on our front porch.
- Here's our Halloween house/decorations in 2012. Scarecrows present. Also added a Pumpkin Cemetery. And our carved Jack-o-Lanterns included a Mickey face.
- Here's our Halloween house/decorations in 2011. Scarecrows present.
- Here's our Halloween house/decorations in 2010. Scarecrows present.