Door Acquired for Basement Workshop Project
Some good news here in terms of the basement shop project. Thanks to the fine folks at Oakley Home Builders, I've acquired the door. The hang up for the entire project was the door and the thing about the door was that I really wanted it to match the existing storage room door that was already in place in the basement. The storage room door is right at the base of the stairs and my shop is going to be just to the left of it. The doors to the two rooms are going to be just a few feet apart (but set at 90 degrees), so it seemed important to have the doors match.
I posted back at the end of February about the shop being 'pressurized' and trying to figure out a venting work-around. And this door is the primary reason. It is an exterior door that is sealed all the way around. I wanted to use a sealed door for dust control, but am fearful that if we built the shop too 'tight', it would act like a balloon and make it hard to close the door/blow out part of the structure everytime I went in/out of the shop. I also posted at the very beginning of February about the idea of having windows into the shop, but I think I'm going to end up deciding against.
With the door arriving, now it is time to line up the job and get it kicked off. Hoping that happens in the next few days.