Topdressing With Biosolids On Parkway - April 2020


Based on the results of the test patch in our backyard where I applied 5 gallons of biosolids to our turf, I've decided to move ahead with the application in front.  I'm starting with our parkway.  #9 on my 2020 to do list was to continue to work the turf in front and, in particular, improve the condition of the parkway grass to match the main lawn.  Topdressing with these biosolids is step 1 in that process.  Prior to the application, I used my new thatch rake and removed as much thatch as I could get up.  Last Fall, I also did some limited core aeration on this section, so I'm hoping that I've set it up for success this growing season. 

Down near the curb the area has been compacted a bit, so I might be looking at amending that soil a couple of times as the grass grows and can retain the organic material. 

Of note, I think this time of year (early Spring) is a good time to deal with biosolids on smell alone.  There isn't a ton of time spent out in the yard right now so going through the stinky part of biosolid application is easy on the family. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lou Malnati's Salad Dressing Recipe as Published in the 60's

Cedar Summit Panorama Playset from Costco

Lou Malnati's Sweet Vinaigrette Salad Dressing