Frans Fontaine Hornbeam Hedge - Holding Winter Leaves - December 2021
And, here below, is a look at the other three (plus a partial view on the left of the fifth one from the photo above) showing the same thing: they're holding their leaves on December 1st this year. Also, capping the far end of the Hornbeam Hedge is ANOTHER Chanticleer Flowering Pear that is also holding on to its leaves:
I've tracked these trees dropping their leaves over the years.
- In 2021, all of the trees held their leaves past December 1st. But they were curly and very crunchy.
- In 2020, all of the trees had dropped their leaves by late November.
- Also, in 2020, the fourth tree from the left dropped its leaves by early November. The only one that started early.
- In 2019, in early December, I took a close-up look at some of the leaves - they weren't curled like they are in 2021.
- In 2019, by late-November all of the trees held their leaves, but they were brownish.
- In 2018, the fourth tree (same as 2020) lost all of its leaves by mid-November.