Using Boulders In My Garden - December 2023
One of the things that I've been thinking about is boulders. How to use them. Where to use them. Why to use them. In my garden. That's because (mostly) my new conifer garden. But, also...because of my dream of a pond. Like most things, you can wander around the Web and find all sorts of tips/tricks/inspiration for how/when/why to use boulders. Like this post from Nelson Landscaping in Oklahoma where they give a few ideas, including:
- Highlight a single boulder as a focal point.
- Group boulders together to create a cohesive and natural look.
- Incorporate boulders into your patio design to add texture and visual interest.
- Use rocks and boulders to add height and dimension to your front or backyard.
- Surround boulders with pebbles and gravel to create a cohesive look.