Vintage Disneyland Felt Pennant - Estate Sale Find
I went to the Estate Sale that I've posted about recently on a Friday morning and took some photos of things that I've posted about here on the blog. All of them, I was at least *comfortable* with passing on after saying my mantra to myself. But there was one item that I wondered if I should go back for: this Disneyland vintage felt pennant from Walt Disney productions. After showing it around to Nat and her family, it seemed like I was drawn to this. You can see that they were asking $5 for it on Friday - which I think (for me at least) is too much.
But, I went back Saturday knowing that they'd have 50% off of everything and more willing to deal. The pennant was still there. Marked down that 50%. But, I offered $1 and they took it.
And now this vintage pennant from (what I think is) the 1960's is hanging in some of the blank space of my Disney pin boards hung in the garage. I just tacked it up there for now to keep it from getting creased and folded, but I don't intend to leave it there.
Why? Because I have a few more pennants that I want to hang. As part of my parent's Estate Sale a few years ago, I grabbed four of five pennants from my childhood that I have down in my work room just hanging out. I think there are a couple of old Chicago Bears ones at at least one Chicago Sting one that I *totally* remember hanging in my bedroom when I was a kid.
This Disneyland one will go right next to those.
Just from a quick look in the archives, I think this is the fifth piece of "Disneyana" that I've picked up over the years and posted about on the blog. Well...four that I bought. One that I had since childhood.
- First was this Pooh Bear for President glass from Sears.
- Then a post about these vintage Minnie Mouse, Donald the Duck and Jiminy Cricket matchbox cars.
- I picked up a Pooh Bear Golden Book at a Garage Sale in Bolingbrook a few years back.
- Recently, I posted about this Mickey Mouse Walt Disney World Backscratcher that I bought at an Antique Mall up in Wisconsin.
- And...now this Disneyland felt pennant from the 60's.