2021 Yard And Garden To-Do List Scorecard
Starting in 2019, I had a short 10 item list and a 7 part addendum. The scorecard: 12 of 17 complete. 70.5%
Last year, in 2020, I had 25 items on the list. The scorecard: 22 of 25 complete. 88%.
This year, I had another 25 items on my list and with December, it seems like it is a good time to score my activities.
How did I do?
Here's my 2021 to-do list:1. Planting Priority Area 1 in the backyard. Not done. Punted because of the fire pit area.
4. Work to improve the back patio and Stain the patio container made of wood. 50% credit. Still haven't stained the container, but I'm going to try with my own Walnut Stain this Spring. That will go on 2022 list (again). But, I did transplant a trio of grasses on the corner of the patio.
7. Approach deciduous bonsai two ways: collected and planted. This one is a miss. Didn't do either.
8. Work the 3 junipers that I started over the years. Take a shot at the potted Juniper and dig out the pair of planted junipers and put in proper training pots with a pruning. Not really done, either.
20. Keep going to the mulch pit in the Spring to bring back wood chips and bio solids. Nope. Didn't do that this year.
22. Just like in year's past...Build something. Not really. No wood projects to speak of, but I did build the firepit and paths.
By my count, it looks like I've ended up with: